Monday 16 September 2013

Weigh-In

Ah, yes... another Monday rolls around and here I sit wondering to myself "Where the heck did the last seven days disappear to?".
Most important thing first: Baby (my little kitty) is doing very well and slowly recovering from her mystery (and very expensive) illness. This may be down to the fresh chicken and fish she's been having every day:)
I would love to blog more than once a week, but at the moment just can't seem to have the 'oomph' to do it. It's not because I'm too busy, haven't got the time, or have a dodgy computer (well, I DO have a dodgy computer, actually, lol), but simply because I don't want to. Sort of. The want is there, the will is not. I guess it's just sheer laziness. Thinking on this point, I realise that I am a VERY lazy person! I diet lazily - no hard work-outs for me (not that my health would allow it anyway!), and I'd rather say 'NO!' to a piece of cheese than have to work off the few calories it would add to my intake. Another confession... I am an obsessive calorie counter! I know it's not always a good thing, but once those numbers are in my head, they tend to stay there.
I did do something quite bad this week - I weighed myself mid-week. It was terrible! Not a single pound dropped... and that made me feel quite despondent. I'd been exercising gently every day and controlling my calories, and to see no results was awful. Still, I stuck to the plan for the rest of the week, and weighed myself today not really expecting much of a change. To my utter surprise (and delight), I had lost 5lbs :)
So... The weigh-in this week is: 14 stones and 9lbs (205 lbs) I'm actually doing this! I am succeeding!
My aim is to lose about 15lbs a month, and I know sometimes this won't be possible, and that the smaller I get the more difficult it will be to lose larger amounts of weight. However, I am still going to be positive...
I am on a happy-high... 5lbs!!! I have the biggest cheesiest grin on my face right now - and I am only 5lbs away from my next goal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment