Thursday 22 August 2013

Oh, Dear!

It's been a year since I last posted... and by now you'd probably expect me to have achieved my first goal of losing 100lbs. Um... No. In fact, I gave up and gained almost 50lbs!!!
I would love to have a good excuse - but there isn't one. I just lost willpower, focus, and confidence. So I have had to start all over again - more than start again, considering I gained another stone on top where I had started from originally. I did lose my beautiful black cat, Bella. She went missing at the end of August last year, and I haven't seen her since. I did get very down, and just used that hurt as an excuse to make unhealthy choices.
Every weekend over the past year, I ate everything unsuitable in HUGE quantities, telling myself that I was just emptying the cupboards so I could begin a strict diet regime on Monday morning... not even allowing the simple fact into my chocolate-and-cake-dependant-mind that ANY day of the week would have been a good time to start.
I restarted with supreme willpower on Monday, and with the reduced food intake of the previous week included, I have managed to make a sizeable dent in the extra weight I had gained... and then I remembered this little blog and how much it had helped me last year, and came back :)

I am not expecting to never slip up again... I am not expecting an easy ride... I am expecting this renewed journey to be hard and difficult.
Wishing myself luck :)


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!!! Sadly, I've learned that when people stop posting, myself included; that it means they have given up.

    You are back. That's the good thing. It sounds like you have an awesome attitude this time. You are not striving for perfection. You are looking to achieve a nice balance if living but also being healthy! One day at a time!! You've got this!!!! If you need anything...feel genres to contact me!!!!

    ReplyDelete