Monday 6 August 2012

Missing Mojo

Today has been uber-tough!
I couldn't sleep last night, so I spent the night cooking.  I diced up a fruit salad, tossed together a salad and special dressing for dinner today, and made a fantastic vege-bolognese sauce. It smelt so good... I so wanted to sit and eat the lot!
My eldest daughter came to visit today with my future son-in-law... and I cooked for them too. There was chocolate and cream cake in the fridge, and then my youngest went to the local shops and came home with cheese and huge bars of Galaxy chocolate (my favourite!) as well as cookies and biscuits.
The world went in slow motion as I watched her unload the shopping bag full of those scrummy goodies!
BUT... I was good. I mean... I was REALLY good! I stuck to my salad and didn't touch the chocolatey goodness of biscuits :)
I do feel quite proud of myself. What really chuffed me today is the comment that my future son-in-law made when he came inside the house today...
"You're half the size you were a few weeks ago!"
I'm not... but I liked the fact that there seems to be a difference that people can notice :)

Right... off to stare at my size 12 jacket hanging on the wardrobe door (motivational push) and sup on a hot chocolate  - Options of course, with less than 40 calories :)

I also have to get my head around the fact that I really need to exercise... get the fat burning and the muscles toning! I just don't seem to have the push to get myself going... sometimes I lay in bed thinking that the following morning I'll get up and be all energetic... but it doesn't work that way in reality! Beacause of the rheumatoid arthritis I have, I wake up feeling achey and tired and just about ready for more sleep, rather than jumping around and losing weight! Hopefully soon I'll get my mini-trampoline back and be the right weight to use it (15 stone - which is 210 pounds - or less). I miss that little trampette... it's perfect, as there's no impact on my joints.


Oh, and if anyone likes a salad dressing with zing, here's what I use (bear in mind that I love the taste of vinegar!)

2 tablespoons of vinegar
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
a pinch of sea salt
a LOT of fresh-ground black pepper
a good pinch of cayenne pepper
quarter teaspoon (or more - to taste) of dried garlic powdered granules.

Shake it up in a jar and leave for an hour or so... then pour over salad and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - good for you for resisting temptation! Doesn't it feel so empowering? I sometimes have nights where I don't fall asleep very easily and once or twice a year I'll end up up all night. The next day I'm tired, cranky and hungry but I have to stay up to reset my sleep patterns and hit the sheets at the correct hour. I don't know that my will power would survive that kind of cycle right about now. I think you're right - exercise will come in time. And in the mean time I bet you look amazing already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun when people notice the changes. What's real fun is when people don't recognize you!! That's happening to me!! I have a friend who I have not seen for about 3 years. We were at a wedding and I'm standing right next to her and she had no recollection at all. Even after I told her my name, she was so confused!! I just don't look the same! Kind of fun!!

    Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete