Sunday 12 August 2012

One Tenth

I forgot to blog about this... and I do think it's a bit of a benchmark for anyone who is trying to lose a lot of weight...
As of Wednesday this week, I have lost 10% of my body weight, and I have lost a quarter of the total weight I want to lose (at the moment... my goals may change slightly).
After losing 8 pounds for two weeks in a row, and then my weight loss dropping by half each week to just 4 pounds, I was becoming a bit disheartened to be honest. I know that's silly - 4 pounds is fantastic! Especially at my age - I've learned the hard way that weight is harder to lose the older you get! In fact, any weight loss is good news - or bits of inches off of the waistline :) Each little achievement is worth celebrating - though not with cake.
I believe that we (or maybe just me?) are so much more able to celebrate others people's victories rather than our own - I danced and let out a huge "Woop Woop!" when my daughter had lost 3 pounds in a week... so why am I down on myself for a 4 pound loss? 4 pounds each week (if I can hopefully achieve this) will be more than a stone each month... I'll be at my goal for Christmas!

Still nervous about tomorrow... the weigh-in awaits...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great work! Losing 10% of your body weight is a great achievement!

    ReplyDelete