Sunday 12 August 2012

The Weigh-In (week 5)

I'm still not sleeping very well - so I've just got ot of bed, had an anti-histamine and a huge glass of water, and decided that as I was up I may as well weigh myself and get it over with. The news is much better than I expected!
This week, I have lost...
6 pounds!
I am now 15 stone and 6 pounds, which is 216 pounds. I'm getting ever-closer to that stepping-stone goal of getting under 200 pounds, and I've dropped from a dress size 26-28 to a dress size 18 in the past five weeks - that's a dress size a week!
I'm not going to get complacent now though... I know that the hardest part is coming - the time when the weight loss slows down, and it takes a lot longer to reach the next goal. I just have to remember that any weight loss (or even no weight loss), is better than a gain. In some ways it's harder as time goes on because I know I have to prove myself, and the journey seems never-ending... but in other ways it is getting easier - healthy eating is becoming a habit and I'm not automatically reaching for cakes or sweets when the going gets tough. Oh, I'm not saying that this whole lifestyle change is easy - far from it - but the rewards for all the hard work are paying out a little bit, and I know the journey is worthwhile.

Right, I'm hoping that this anti-histamine will kick in at any moment and I can get a few Zz's before my shopping delivery - then it's another day cooking!

1 comment: