Wednesday 25 July 2012

Exercise?

Remember that terrible joke...

My dog has no nose.
How does she smell?
Awful!

That's my dog! She does whiff more than a bit! Today was bath day for smelly doggy... and doggy didn't want to be coaxed into the bathroom. I was tempted to just hose her down in the garden - especially after she'd had me running around the house like some madwoman holding a towel, dog treats and the dog shampoo, calling out as sweetly as I could "Come to mummy... what I got for you...?". She was not fooled by the dog treats - and I thought she was a stupid dog! Between my daughter and I, she was finally coerced (dragged) into the bathroom, where I plonked her into the bathtub, and she sat there shaking all over like it was her last moments - and that was before I even put the water on! Weird thing is... when she's out, she'll head straight for the nearest pond or muddy water puddle she can find. Go Figure!
Anyways... she's scrubbed, smelling sweeter than she did (damp dog smell is better than just plain old stinky dog!) and she decides it's payback. She's jumped out of the bath and shaking herself before I can even pick up a towel to defend myself. Maybe she thought that, as I'd given her a bath, she could give me a shower? Then she was out of the bathroom door before the word "Nooooo!" had passed my lips. I chased her down the stairs with the towel - which the cat obviously thought was a fantastic game, as she joined in the chase too - and I ended up dancing around the living room like a fat demented spiderwoman, trying to towel dry the flippin' dog!
Next was the turn of he garden. All the rain we'd had followed by this week of blazing summer sun has had my garden thinking it's a jungle! You know you're garden is at a bad point when you need a hedge trimmer to gut through the swathes of cornflowers and rosemary that's taken over!
Big mistake, me going out there thinking I could be the boss of the garden. The heat was sweltering, the hedgetrimmer was heavy... and the garden was just too overgrown. Ten minutes in, and I'm feeling more than a bit woozy. Luckily, I recognised the signs... numb lips, buzzing in the hears... and carefully put down the hedgetrimmer and went indoors for some iced water and a lie down. No good... and too late! I was out like I'd been hit by Tyson! Thank goodness I made it to the bed *lol*
Two hours later, and I'm feeling much better :) However, I think I've had enough exercise for one day, and the Kinect will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment