Thursday 19 July 2012

The Nearly-Wobble

This desperate dieter nearly had a wobble this evening - and when a lady my size wobbles, it aint a pretty sight! *lol* In all seriousness though - not even two weeks in, and I'm already at point where I want to stuff my face with anything - and I do mean ANYTHING! I have two packs of caramel snack-a-jacks, and although they're a good choice for a diet snack, eating all of them at once is a definite no-no! It's okay though - I sat and thought about what was really wrong, and what I really wanted... and the answer was simple - I needed to crunch on something. So, I took the boring but better option and had some raw carrot batons. AND I even shared them with the dog too (carrots are her favourite!)... How I ever managed to get so big with my begging dog around is a bit of a mystery to me :)
So, crisis averted.
However... part of me wasn't satisfied, and I felt I had to do something useful and constructive.
Hubby had been shopping earlier and got some bargain vegetables - leeks, carrots and spinach. Carrots and spinach are now dry-roasting in the oven with a bit of rosemary and garlic, and the spinach has been steamed to a pulp. I'll whizz it all up when it's all cooked, and Hey Presto! I'll have soup for the freezer. Okay, so it'll be really gross looking soup - but it'll taste great.
Unfortunately, finding bargain veggies has been one of Hubby's gifts lately... and I have enough curried carrot soup in the freezer to last me a month already!  Blending all those carrots has turned my blender orange, and also my large jug. Still, I can't complain when there are going to be about three months worth of soup in my freezer that costs less than £1.

Bless my amazing family - they are all behind me (well, my backside is plenty big enough to hide all of them! - joking!), and although I am doing this mainly for me, part of me wants to do this to make them proud too.

Oh... nearly forgot ...
I actually took some very unflattering photographs of myself (front and side views).
I can't post them yet - I am too ashamed of how awful I look! I know I started this blog because I didn't want to hide any longer, and to get everything out in the open... but trust me on this, those photographs cannot be seen just yet. I am making a promise to myself that I will get the photographs on here - probably before December, and I'll be taking photos every week too! I just need some time to get my head around the blunt truth of how I really look before sharing it with anyone else.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go! You are making smart choices and it will pay off!! Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete