Tuesday 17 July 2012

You Know You're Fat When...

You know you're fat when...

...biologists claim to have found a new breed of giant flying squirrel. They haven't. It's you. You and your bingo-wings.

...you're feeling ill, and don't need a blanket to cover your knees - your stomach does that for you.

... your armchair no longer has arm rests. It has 'flabby hip' and 'rear-end overhang' rests.

Oh, dear. Been there, done that *lol*
I'm not being offensive to anyone - not intentionally - I just need to laugh at myself sometimes :)

I figure that I may as well laugh at myself - because other people do it all the time. It's human nature - to gawp at something - some ONE - who looks different. There's a little morbid curiosity and cruelty in everyone (yes, even me!). I cannot walk without the aid of sticks, and the sight of some fat but short, dumpy old lady, wobbling along on sticks, is something that people do stare at. I have rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthritis and fibromyalgia... the three main reasons I went from being a thin person, to a normal-size person to a big fattie. BUT... no more excuses now - I will not be beaten by any illness - nor will I let myself be defined by any illness either.
Ooh... I am in a fighting mood (frightening for the hubby when it's 2.15am), and I'm all fired up!
Positivity!!!




1 comment:

  1. I laughed and laughed... Hey this is true.. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I will be keeping up with yours.. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete