Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Weigh-In (week 1)

One week after starting the diet (D-Day!) and I feel pretty good. I am hungry - but not so much that it's constant and hard to handle. In fact, it's more of a craving for stodge and sugar than a real hunger, I think. The first two days of this diet were painful - and I do mean that literally! I'm pretty sure I was having cold-turkey symptoms through my sudden cessation of sugar. Massive migraines, shaking, hot sweats and the cold shivers and not being able to focus my mind clearly on any train of thought.
Nasty.
On top of that, I have become a bit of a diet-bore. I have to! If I don't become obsessed with wanting (needing!) to lose weight, then I might fail. This has to be the 'be-all-and-end-all' of everything right now. Of course, if people don't want me to waffle (mmm....waffles!) on about my diet, then they shouldn't ask me how it's going.
And, part of this diet is allowing everyone around me to know what I'm doing. It's no good keeping it a secret - because then there's no support. Also, if you're tempted by something sweet, sticky, gooey and calorie-laden, then there's bound to be someone close by who'll give you 'that look', waggle their finger, and tut disapprovingly. If you're lucky :)

So... the weigh-in.
I have lost.... Give me a drum roll please...
EIGHT POUNDS!!!!

So, today's weigh-in makes me 17 stone on the dot.
Still a terrible weight to be - but I'm on track and heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment