Tuesday 17 July 2012

A Weighty Decision

Can you weigh yourself too often?
Of course!
It's just that, if you think you're doing well, then you want to see if the weight has really dropped off. I weigh myself nearly every day. It's a good thing at the moment, because this diet and lifestyle change has just begun and so the weight is coming off relatively quickly. Oops, I nearly wrote "easily" instead then... trust me on this - it is so NOT easy right now. Every day is a battle not to binge on every packet of low calorie food I have in the house ... in one sitting!
So... a weigh-in a day really should be thought of a a bit of a no-no. What happens when the weight slips off a little less quickly? I'll get on the scales that one day and cry like a baby when there's no change from the previous day.
I am trying to let go of obsessive weighing... maybe start weaning myself off of the scales slowly untl I get to a point where once a week is the 'norm'. But it's hard. The elation right now of seeing pounds slip away is addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment