Wednesday 18 July 2012

Just A Ramble...

I woke up this morning to find my eye had blistered. It's a problem I have ... when I get something in my eye (like an eyelash or similar), instead of my eye watering and washing out the irritation, it covers the particle with a bubble - either on my eyeball or over the skin inside my eye socket. Gross, huh?!
So, for the next couple of days I shall look like I'm winking at everyone... which could be a laugh - people will wonder what the heck I'm up to :)

I was told yesterday that to lose just 1lb, you have to burn off 3500 calories. Goodness! Is that true??  I wonder how many calories one person can burn just sitting around and doing nothing except breathing and having their heart beating? I am so going to look that up... unless anyone 'out there' has the answer?

Funny... I write here and yet there are no 'followers' on this blog to answer questions *lol*

Right... on to the news of the day. Yes, I did weigh myself again this morning - and I'm still happy. I won't put my daily weight here, as that would make this blog even more boring than it is - but I will log it weekly :) Maybe I should invest in a tape measure, and measure myself too... Hmmm I wonder if anyone manufactures a tape measure THAT big? The other dilemma I face is whether I should take photographs of my progress. Like many other women my size who don't like how they look, I am somewhat camera-shy. That's putting it mildly. For someone who walks with sticks, I can 'alf move when someone points a camera in my direction *lol*

Right now I do feel pretty good about myself. I had my hair trimmed, and I'm back to wearing make-up every day - something I haven't done for over a year.  In a fit of 'blackness' a few months ago, I hacked all my hair off. I couldn't brush it because the rhematoid arthritis was just too painful... but I'm in the state of mind now where I feel I want to grow my hair again and begin to feel like a woman rather than just a 'female person'. Any woman with a weight problem will know exactly what I mean by that... you get to a certain size, and you just don't feel like you're a woman any more...you're past 'voluptuous' and heading toward 'obese' and you become de-sexed, de-personalised - like a piece of furniture.

I've got my favourite coat out of storage... It's way too small now - but I so badly want to fit into it again. It was one of those purchases that made me feel so guilty - I mean, who spends more on a coat than they spend on a month of food for a family of 6? Apparently I do. BUT I loved this coat so much I just had to have it! My credit card took a whopping dent, my bank manager was happy... and I was overjoyed at my new coat. Why the coat is most important, I have no idea... there are bags and bags full of amazing clothes in my loft, just waiting for me to fit back into them again. I can't wait!

Rambling over... I'm off to get ready for a night out at craft-club. Could life be any more exciting!?
That was sarcasm, by the way *lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment